Southern Selects Green Beans and Butternut Squash Sauté
- 8 Oz Southern Selects French beans
- 4 Oz Butternut squash, cut into ¾” cubes
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp Sherry Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch French beans in salted boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Place cooked beans in ice water to shock, then drain.
- Sauté butternut cubes in butter for about 4 minutes.
- Add French beans and through.
- Combine maple syrup, vinegar and oil, whisk together. Add to beans and squash, toss together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and top with toasted nuts.