Endive Salad Bites with Goat Cheese
- 3-4 Southern Selects Belgian Endives – you’ll want at least 3 or 4 medium-sized Belgian endives. We like a mix of yellow and red ones.
- Citrus – at least two pieces of fresh citrus. This recipe used one grapefruit and one navel orange, but Cara Cara oranges, mandarins, and blood oranges would all work.
- Pomegranate seeds – these are a bright pop of color and flavor.
- Nuts – we used a mixture of pine nuts, pistachios, and slivered almonds. You can also use walnuts, hazelnuts, and pecans.
- Fresh Herbs – you’ll need thyme to top the feta and basil and chives for the dressing. You could also use mint or parsley.
- Olive oil – this will serve as the base for the dressing.
- Feta – make sure to get a block of feta (not crumbled feta). You’ll grill this for a delicious melty cheese center.
- Honey – this will be a sweet topping for the feta.
- Grill the feta – Combine the cheese, thyme, and honey in a foil package and grill over medium heat for 16 minutes.
- Toast the nuts – heat the nuts for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Finely chop them after they’ve cooled a little.
- Prep the citrus and the endives – cut the citrus into small pieces. Chop the ends off the endives and pull them apart. Save the endive hearts and chop them into small pieces.
- Make the dressing – Combine the olive oil, nuts, herbs, endive hearts, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange the salad – place the endive leaves on a plate and top them with the citrus, dressing, and pomegranate. Place the feta in the center.
Original recipe from: thishealthytable.com