Fresh Yellow Tomato Soup
- 4-5 Southern Selects yellow tomatoes, quartered* (about 4 lbs.)
- 4 Southern Selects orange baby carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole yellow onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until fragrant, about 3 mins. Add the carrots, celery, and thyme, and saute until until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and the stock. Increase heat, if needed, to bring just to a boil. Reduce heat to about medium, cover and simmer until tomatoes are very soft and able to puree, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the thyme sprigs. Puree the soup with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh basil, croutons, red pepper flakes, anything you’d like! Maybe dunk in some crusty bread. Enjoy
Original recipe from: Rhubarbarians