In Peas & Beans
Sautéed Garlic Green Beans with Pine Nuts
- 1 lb. Southern Selects green beans
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 gloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup lightly toasted pine nuts
- Parsley (optional for garnish)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add Southern Selects green beans and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Drain the beans.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add minced garlic and cooked green beans.
- Sauté on medium heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring.
- Remove from heat. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice and stir. Top with lightly toasted pine nuts. Season with coarsely ground black pepper.