Okra Beef Stew with Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1 lb. Southern Selects okra (ends trimmed)
- 2 cups Southern Selects heirloom tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lb. chuck roast cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 oz. chopped onion
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups beef broth
- In a 5-quart stockpot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the meat and onions. Cook, stirring often, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, cumin, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beef broth, and salt and pepper.
- Bring the stew to a boil over high heat, then cover and turn the heat down to low, keeping the dish at a steady simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in the okra, cover again, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.