Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad
- 2-3 large Southern Selects heirloom tomatoes (try mixing varieties)
- 1/2 box of Southern Selects baby heirloom tomatoes
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 pack fresh mozzarella, small rounds (also called Bocconcini)
- 3-4 tbsp balsamic vinegar (or balsamic glaze for sweeter taste)
- Coarse sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Wash and slice large heirloom tomatoes around 1/4 inch thick.
- Wash and halve the baby heirloom tomatoes.
- Drain mozzarella rounds and arrange on a platter with tomato slices.
- Rinse basil leaves, remove from stems, and pat dry.
- Toss the basil on top of platter and drizzle balsamic.
- Finish off with fresh ground sea salt and black pepper.