Balsamic Seared Brussels with Bacon
- 2 pounds fresh Southern Selects Brussels sprouts
- 4 ounces thick cut bacon, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup almonds, slivered (optional)
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Trim bottoms of Brussels sprouts. You may halve or quarter sprouts, if desired.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside on paper towels (to absorb excess oil).
- Drain remaining fat from skillet, reserving 1 tablespoon for later.
- Add reserved fat, olive oil, garlic, and almonds to skillet. Cook over medium-low heat just until the garlic starts to change color.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, stir and cook 10-12 minutes (less for cut sprouts).
- Add Balsamic vinegar, reserved bacon and salt and pepper. Stir and enjoy.