Southern Selects Green and White Asparagus Salad with Baby Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1 bunch each green and white asparagus
- 1 Lb baby heirloom tomatoes halved
- 4 Oz finely sliced red onion
- ¼ Cup toasted pine nuts
- 4Tbsp white vinegar
- Juicceof ½ lemon
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 Tsp honey
- 1 Tsp spicy brown mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a pot halfway with salted water and bring to a boil.
- Add asparagus, and cook about 2 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse asparagus under cold water, then place in refrigerator.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add lemon juice, vinegar, honey, and garlic.
- Microwave about 20 seconds, then add spicy brown mustard, olive oil, and grated parmesan and whisk to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a salad bowl, add asparagus, tomatoes, and onions. Toss with vinaigrette to taste, and top with nuts