Asparagus Skewers Wrapped with Prosciutto
- 1 lb. Southern Selects asparagus, fresh
- 8 oz. Prosciutto
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 loaf of fresh, hearty bread, sliced and toasted
- 1 bag wooden skewers
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp lemon, freshly juiced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-2 tbsp water (for thinning, if needed)
- Trim off rough ends of asparagus spears.
- Skewer each spear and place on a pan.
- Wrap each spear with one slice of Prosciutto.
- Light up the grill (may use panini or stovetop grill instead).
- Drizzle oil on the skewers of asparagus and season.
- Cook for several minutes on each side (or until somewhat crispy), rotating every couple of minutes.
- Combine ingredients for sauce in a food processor (20-30 seconds) and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve skewers immediately with sauce on the side and a slice of bread.