In Asparagus, Peas & Beans, Recipes
Asparagus & English Pea Springtime Salad
- 1 cup Southern Selects English peas, fresh
- 1 cup Southern Selects asparagus tips, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups Arugula leaves, fresh
- 1-2 Persian cucumbers, quartered
- 3-4 radishes, sliced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, whole grain
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oz shaved Parmesan or Asiago cheese (optional)
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Add cut asparagus pieces and peas for 2-3 minutes.
- Create a small ice bath in a bowl for blanching the green vegetables.
- Strain asparagus and peas, and place in ice bath (to cease cooking process) and let sit until cooled.
- Place arugula, cucumber and radishes in a large salad bowl.
- Combine mustard, lemon juice and oil; season with salt/pepper.
- Add asparagus and peas to the mix, toss with dressing, shave the Parmesan cheese on top and serve.